6.8.13

On "Schizophrenia as I see it."

I have decided to write my first book on schizophrenia from my personal, first-person experience of the illness. I have chosen this book as my first because it is the easiest book to write with a minimal amount of researching. This book should be able to be written fairly quickly, and I intend to release a digital copy of this book for ereaders.

This book will include many short stories and essays in which I express how it is to live with schizophrenia, as well as the ways I have come to understand and live with the illness. I intend this book to reduce mental health stigma and to be a testimony of a schizophrenic attempting to understand the illness during these modern, pharmaceutical-laden times.

This book will begin by describing my current life situation and how I have come to get there through years of dealing with schizophrenia and life that is involved with such things. I will go into details about the diagnosis of schizophrenia, using both the DSM IV and V, and providing a bit of a history lesson on this historically known diagnosis. I will also include small anecdotes based on my interactions with others that involve schizophrenia or some way of understanding myself and the rest of the human population. Different points in my life and the symptoms and expression of frustration with an illness I do not understand drives me into a few dark years, the memory of which has been all but lost.

I will also cover topics on how I have tried, and perhaps succeeded, to understand myself and my relation to others, illustrated by a description of changes in philosophical standpoints. I will provide a way of understanding myself and how I have had to change behavior and consider new things, as well as make sacrifices, making me able to deal with my illness with as little medication as possible. There are personality symptoms that are associated with schizophrenia, and without psychosis the diagnosis of such is referred to as Schizoid Personality Disorder, and these traits are often an important signature and part of a large, multi-function encompassing illness.

In order to have as much power over my mental illness as I have come to have has gone through stages, each new update being better than the last, but presents certain psychological side effects that accompany these mental states. The discovery of advantages that come with schizophrenia are vast if you just choose to look, which will also be discussed in detail.

And finally, I will discuss the way I see the schizophrenic mind using an analogy involving a computer or program, which includes possible ways of dealing with some of the symptoms without relying on medication as they are viewed as a non-human illness. Perhaps such a point of view can aid in the treatment of other people with schizophrenia.

And, finally, I will create original illustrations for each chapter (or section) of the book, which will be line art so that the illustrations will be able to be included in eBooks of any format.

No comments:

Post a Comment