11.8.13

The progress so far.

Here is a brief account of all the work I've done for my projects and this blog over the past few days. I will create posts like this throughout the projects I work on, as regularly as possible. I will describe the updates and progress briefly as to not divulge too much information about what is to come, and any memoir type commentary I feel like expressing.


Anyway, onward to the updates.


  • Decided which chapters to work on first for my book, "Schizophrenia as I see it."

    I have chosen to start with the chapter in which I discuss the description of schizophrenic symptoms as they relate to me personally, using the DSM as a guide as to which symptoms to address. Each symptom will be explained in detail how they manifest for me and how I interpret said symptoms.

    I have also chosen to work on the chapter I call "I am not my brain," which is about the archenemy-type relationship of what I consider my self, and what I consider my brain. Both chapters are ready to begin a first draft, although subject to alteration based on the new DSM V. I may have to visit a library to see if they have a copy I can borrow, or at least one I can take photocopies of.


  • Brainstormed.

    I have expanded and come up with more ideas for projects, including ideas for more chapters in my book on schizophrenia and more ideas for fictional stories and small projects.


A few thoughts...
I had quite nearly forgotten that November is NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month. I am thinking about taking part in NaNoWriMo and attempt to write some fiction with the many ideas I have. I have several premises for novels, all seem equally fun to write. I'll give it some more thought before I make a decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment